IT'S HERE!!!!! No, not just the New Year, but your 2017 Bucket List Challenege! Are you as excited as I am for this year, now that it's finally begun!? Well then, let's get started -- here are 17 things I challenge you to complete throughout 2017. If you ever need motivation, just reach out and I'll be sure to give you a pep talk! We got this!!
1. Get up to Level 5 in a brand new language on Duolingo
2. Make 3 new acquaintances or friends (now depending on the kind of person you are, you may easily do this in one week, or this may take you the entire year...either is totally okay!)
3. Read 12 books, one for each month of the year (if you read more than one book a month, well... *gives you the impressed head-nod of approval*)
4. Delete Instagram and Twitter apps off of your phone for one week. Whether you delete both at the same time for the same week, or deleting only one and then deleting the other over the span of two separate weeks is totally your call!
5. Go vegetarian for three weeks.
6. Go vegan for one week.
7. Start a daily journaling practice (morning or nighttime rituals work as a good time to sneak it in!)
8. Wake up at 6:30 a.m. (!!) every morning for one month. Yes, even on Sunday mornings...in fact, especially on Sunday mornings.
9. Pick one local organization you genuinely care about and volunteer (read: don't get paid for helping out) there for 12 consecutive months.
10. Make one major, drastic change to your appearance: grow your hair long or chop most of it off, lose weight or gain muscle, spice up your usual go-to picks in your wardrobe, etc.
11. Tell somebody you love how you truly feel about them, whether they "should already know" how you feel or not. +5 bonus points to you if you express these feelings in a handwritten letter.
12. Try food from a cuisine you've never had before: Ethiopian, Indian, Vietnamese...
13. Exercise 5 days a week, whether that's just taking a leisurely hour-long walk around the park (if you live in a warmer climate during these first few winter months, that is!!) or going hard at the gym, and make this a number one priority.
14. Complete one art project of your choice -- even if you think you totally suck at art, you may be pleasantly surprised.
15. Watch one classic film that "everyone" has seen but you.
16. On that note, read one classic book (it will count as part of Challenge #3, above!) that "everyone" has read but you. (I've still never read Catch 22, so that's what I'll be reading!)
17. Do that thing you've always been too scared to do, but you've always wanted to do. You know which thing I'm talking about; it's the thing that immediately came to mind when you read this!
Good luck, friends, & have a Happy New Year 2017!! Which of these are you most excited to try?