Pink Paw Print

Monday, September 12, 2016

(Recap) First Day of Grad School!


You guys... I'm really exhausted so probably no fancy personal touches/flourishes on this post because I'm literally about to go to bed at 10:58 p.m. and my bedtime is like 1:00 a.m. so this is saying something if I'm too exhausted to even manage a few ~*words typed like this*~ but I just have to tell you.... Today was the first day of grad school -- and it. was. absolutely. amazing.

SCAD is exactly as a school should be: a place that nurtures while it pushes, encourages while it stretches and welcomes while promoting further exploration. My classes were thought-provoking and exciting, even though it was only day one. The community vibe is so strong at this school, and everyone is really free to be whomever they want to be. The faculty legit gives a shizz about you and your passions. They try to tailor the class material to fit your career goals/needs. There is so much emphasis in creating your own unique style/voice/flair and putting your own personal touch on everything you do. I'm taking Art Criticism, History of Rhetoric and Non-fiction I, all of which are required courses for the MFA in Writing. Every class was incredible, and every professor inspired me. I felt accepted immediately. It's not a typical school where you're expected to blend in; instead, you are warmly guided to help you stand out as an individual. 

I'm so grateful that I chose SCAD as my final decision for a grad school. No, I wasn't paid or bribed or anything to write this hahha, I literally am just so happy about it, and this post is not sponsored in any way, either (although sponsored posts on TPL are always still 100% my own opinions, just FYI~~ <---ahh okay I managed two of my signature sarcasm marks!) :p I'm excited because I know I'm really going to grow creatively and as a writer so much from this place.

I'm the kind of person who thinks about what decisions I should make over and over again because I like to always be 100% about everything I do. This was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made in my entire life to go here. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not looking through rose-colored lenses and saying it's perfect, because there are definitely flaws: a lot of students smoke right outside the building my classes are all in which is annoying AF and the parking situation is enough to send anyone running for a Xanax prescription, but regardless of these things, I love this school already and immediately felt comfortable here. I constantly felt like I didn't belong deep down in undergrad a lot, but I have never walked into a school (except for kindergarten, lolz mcgee!) and immediately felt 100% like I belonged... but here? Here is where I belong. <3

New posts coming soon! Think: Currently Trending, Best Monthly Makeup Picks, and more!
xoxo, Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment