Pink Paw Print

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Looking To The Future

Hey you guys, I'm really sorry -- I've been trying to figure out how to best plan my new schedule including grad school classes, studying/completing homework assignments, studying for the certified personal trainer exam, having a social life with new friends/going to SCAD-hosted events for grad students, hitting the gym, doing yoga YouTube videos (ain't nobody got money for classes rn, ya feel?), writing in my journal, doing laundry down in the communal laundry room in the basement of my apartment, shopping for groceries, actually learning to cook more than just english muffins #YikesMcGee!, slaughtering evil fruit flies that have invaded my apartment, reading books for fun, trying to learn how to draw basic things because I'm the only one in the entire school pretty much who still draws stick figures (#WritingStudentAtAnArtSchoolProbz), reading up on art history because I'm taking Art Criticism which is a mandatory class for the MFA Writing program and I haven't taken an art history class before in my life soooo..., reading magazines about fashion so I can stay chic okay~~, keeping up with current events, applying for some part-time jobs so I can afford to do my laundry more than once a week, cleaning various surfaces in my apartment, hanging out with the stray kitties that live at my apartment building, finishing watching Season 22 of "The Amazing Race," BLOGGING LOL, listening to meditation/ASMR videos, coping with my crippling anxiety about where to park every single day of my #SavannahLyfe, and generally trying to juggle all of these things at once. I absolutely love everything that I do. I wake up every morning excited for the day ahead of me, except Tuesdays (aka today) because I have my three classes on Mondays and Wednesdays so as you can imagine Tuesday is brutal homework day and it gets panicky because I don't own a printer and parking is only free after 5 p.m. and open spots are hard to find and then I could just go to one of the various public libraries with free parking at any time but then I'd have to pay for printing whereas at the SCAD library we've already been allotted a certain amount of our tuition for printing.

But anyway. This is the most "whole" I have felt in a long, long, LONG time. I feel so darn fulfilled, and my inspiration has been sparked. I love every class that I am in. The material is so interesting in every class that I am in. I know I already wrote all of this in the last post, so I'll spare ya the gushing all over again but... I've just really been trying to stay afloat lately with all this amazing stuff going on. I'm the happiest I've been in like...years, honestly. I mean there are definitely some incredibly sad or bummer or shocking or truly heart-aching things that have happened since I've moved to Savannah, but I've learned to accept these things and not try to change them. Not everything can work out in our lives, whether it's a friendship or a romance or a job or what-have-you, but to quote by my homegirl Marilyn Monroe, "Good things fall apart so better things can fall together." My better things are out there. I just have to reach out and be open for them.

Looking to the future like~~

So, in all, no, I'm not about to stop blogging (I even bought a cheap, less then $100 camera at Target to add pictures to posts but I'm kinda bummed because I think my iPhone takes better quality pictures hahahahah
-____- *growls casually* I'm mildly bitter about this...!!); in fact, I'm currently narrowing down designers for who's gonna be the ~*lucky winner*~ of who I pick to complete my redesign vision that I have for The Pink Lyme. A couple members of my Snapchat fam have also asked if I'm going to be doing YouTube; honestly, I don't think so at this point. I love that with Snapchat, I can control who is seeing the videos - so if I'm venting about how my day went, it's not like the whole word gets to see that, just my Snappy buddies. I find that level of privacy pretty comforting and I love that sense of emotional intimacy you get when you are particular about who you let into your heart/Snapchat list/life lmao!!

Anyway, I have literally, no joke, 32 drafts of blog posts for TPL. I just actually need to finishing writing them or finish editing them or just hit publish on them. So they will actually get posted eventually. It's just that I've been so focused on learning what my professors expect and figuring out where to park all the time and meeting new people and stressing over the personal trainer exam that my priorities had to shift for a while. And they will shift back to blogging, as the ebb and flow of life tends to do this.

Thanks for being so understanding during this transitional time. Write again soon!! <3
xoxo, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment