Pink Paw Print

Sunday, August 28, 2016

What's Next (Grad School, Becoming A Certified Personal Trainer!, Beauty And Style Vlogs, New Friendship, & More)

Wow!! So much has changed these past few weeks, but I'm glad to say I'm back at it again with blogging. Let me fill you in on the whirlwind that has been my life lately:

1 //


I resigned from my position at the magazine I was working for. It was an AMAZING experience -- I learned so much and met so many amazing people. I learned that editing and writing really ARE my passions and that it is always a good idea to follow your heart. Now I will be focusing on my academics as ~*numero uno*~, as grad school starts beginning in September, which is VERY VERY EXTREMELY SOON AHH!! *happydances all around* :p I'm SO excited for classes!

2 //

Ooo, motion shot. XD ! AND HOW CUTE ARE THOSE WORKOUT SHORTS, OMG!!!! They're by Lauren James.

On this "time to focus on academics note" note, not only will I be going to grad school for Writing BUTTTTTTTTTTT! *DRUMROLLLLL* I AM STUDYING THROUGH THE ACE (American Council on Exercise) PROGRAM TO BECOME A CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE WANTED TO DO FOR THE PAST YEAR AND NOW I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS DREAM A REALITY! I love helping people and influencing their lives for the better...usually with my words/writing. However, being a personal trainer, I will be able to see transformations first-hand, something that you can't always see with writing unless the people tell you, "Hey what you wrote really changed my life!" (which I definitely do get a lot of and it brings me such deep, intense, incredible joy and gives purpose and meaning in my life, to help others in this way, but it is still cool to physically see changes on someone's body, too, lol! :D) Ya feel me? Yeah, ya feel me. Sooooo yeah!! I'm so excited to get started with studying...my materials will be arriving some time this week!

3 //

I would most definitely give CPR to this ice cream bar, lolz!!!

Also, I will be taking a CPR/AED certification class which is a requirement before I take my final exam for becoming a CPT (certified personal trainer!) I'm taking this one-day, two-hour class in just a mere two weeks away, so I'm excited to feel accomplished so quickly/early on in my studying for the CPT exam!! Additionally, I just feel like CPR is something that honestly everybody truly should know. They should definitely make this class mandatory in all high schools/colleges. I used to babysit, but I never knew CPR. Looking back, I wish I had known to take the class because if anything scary happened, I would have been able to potentially save a scary situation from turning into a deadly one! Thankfully, nothing of that nature ever happened when I was babysitting, though; my experiences were mainly just a whole bunch of playing pretend "cats" or "princesses"... or being told that I have to lose on purpose and let them win at Mario Kart... lol -___-. *casually growls at the thought*

4 //

I also got this bracelet at Target! It's made of healing stones, which bring luck, protection + prosperity to the one who wears it! I'm getting really into "crystal healing," lately!

Yesterday, I was invited to attend a local church!! A sweet lady named Jean approached me in the Target ~whilst I was shoe-shopping bc let us be real here: Target's got the best shoes~ and asked me if I'd been to church lately. Then she asked me if I'm from Savannah or just visiting, and we chatted about how I moved down here for grad school and all, and then ultimately we discussed the church and I agreed to come visit for the Sunday morning (aka today) 11:00 a.m. service. But, I was so excited to go but then ~*lady cramps*~ began and now all I want to do is curl up into a ball with Advil and chocolate so now I told her that instead of today, I'd love to go next weekend when I don't feel sick anymore! I'm really very incredibly excited, and I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes!! It is a "full gospel non-denominational church" :D which I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'll be finding out!

5 //

One of my favorite outfits that I've featured ~*thus far*~ !!

Recently, I've been obsessed with beauty/makeup & style !!! So I've been posting some videos on Snapchat + my Instagram Story about step-by-step how to achieve my makeup look, and also my OOTD ("outfit of the day.") I'm so excited to be embracing my passion for different products and sharing them with y'allz :p <3. Also, you'd think that guys wouldn't like to watch that sort of thing, but quite a few have reached out saying they appreciate it because that's all so foreign to them and because of my videos, they kind of understand "girl stuff"a little better now! Ahaha!! I would definitely make a YouTube channel, but people can write the meanest stuff in the comments, so I much prefer Snapchat or Instagram Story as a medium for posting videos, as people can't write anything nasty about the way you look or anything like that. If people respond in a message to your videos, only you can see their responses, and usually people don't have the guts to be as mean when in a private chat. YouTube comments can just get flat out ugly!! Again, to see them, add me on Snapchat: buhhrook And add me on Instagram: ThePinkLyme !!! (Disclaimer: I want to be honest here: I did remove quite a few people from my past off of social media. This is not because I hate them or anything. Some of these people definitely did hurt me in the past and I wanted to free myself of the memories associated with them every time their name would pop up. Others just reminded me of a horrible time in my life and I realized in order to leave the past in the past, I kind of needed to remove them, too, from my social media feeds which sucks a little but it is what it is, I suppose. And then finally other people never really interacted with me on Snapchat, so I deleted them because I like to keep my Snapchat buddies a really tight-knit (yet still pretty big, actually, now that I think about it!) group of people. So if you're only watching one or two videos and then clicking off, I'm probably gonna instead make room for someone more actively engaging, you know!? I hope you can understand. I never meant to hurt anyone; I just only wanted to do what it takes to heal myself and move forward. I'm very sorry if I caused any offense by this -- I just have to seek peace to move forward, and this is what worked for me and helped me to achieve it.)

6 //

When Barnes & Noble sells Starbucks that sells The Cheesecake Factory's cheesecake #Inception
Sometimes, life has a funny way of bringing people back into your life from your past. A guy friend of mine and I have really gotten closer and I'm pretty glad about it! He helped me to feel more reassured after I quit my job, and I helped remind him to keep doing the things that make him happy after he had a romantic breakup in his life. It's cool because we went to college together, but just never really saw each other much after freshman year because our lives just went different ways -- he continued on with the Pre-Med track whereas I realized that English was the major I wanted instead, so we no longer had classes together for the entire rest of our college career. Now, though, we both live in Georgia which is really cool (+ random!) because who else from our Connecticut College lives in Georgia!? Hint: like, probably nobody ahaha! It's so nice to have a good friend, as good friends are hard to find in general, but also particularly when first starting out in a new city!! Definitely lucked out that we got back in touch after the years!


7 //

I GOT MY HAIR DONE! You can see pictures on Instagram!! BUT THERE IS ENOUGH ON THIS POST FOR NOW! I'll be doing an entire post very soon (probz tomorrow!) just on my new hair. Keep yo' fiiiiine eyes peeled! ;) ahahaha! <3



I've missed writing to you guys so much! Happy to be back at it!
xoxo, Brooke

5 comments:

  1. I just started learning about crystals, love it! Good luck with your personal training! The world needs more of us health professionals

    Jenna | www.laugh-often.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, agreed!! I think it's SO cool!! *nerds out over them, lmao!!* Thank you so much, girl!!! <3 Yes!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Seems like a lot of good things are happening! I'm really happy for you. :) And good luck with your personal training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, Amelie!! <3 That is so kind of you :D!!! Yes!!! I'm so so excited to begin!!! xoxo

      Delete