Pink Paw Print

Monday, June 13, 2016

5 Best Asian Fusion Restaurants in Southeastern Connecticut

So, I called the list "Asian Fusion" because many of these restaurants offer multiple cuisines to their hungry patrons, such as Chinese food, Japanese/Sushi, Thai, etc.; however, please do keep in mind that some of these might only offer one type of cuisine, rather than the whole gamut! ;) ahaha! There are so many amazing restaurants that fall under this category in the area, and there are others I suggest too, but these are the classic staples in my life, lmao!!!


For amazing Hibachi at a decent price: Sushi Kawa (Groton, CT)
*via
I get the Salmon Hibachi and the flavors, sauces and portion sizes are simply amazeballs. I'm obsessed with the veggie fried rice. You won't be disappointed.

If you're a fan of all-things teriyaki: Koto Japanese Steakhouse, Hibachi, + Sushi Bar (Groton, CT)
*via
Try the Salmon Teriyaki Koto Box - but I'm not a fan of miso soup, so they give me an extra salad instead of the soup that comes with the Koto Box! The quality of ingredients is stellar, and the vegetable tempura is super-fab *cue sassy hand flip*! :p Just don't go for dinner because the prices get cray-cray; lunch is the way to go here!

For those who eat by the motto "Give me Thai or let me die!!!": The Spice Club (Niantic, CT)
*picture is mine! Love this avocado salad w/ carrot-ginger dressing!! :D <3
Great gluten free options here!! The Vegetable Pineapple Fried Rice (with brown rice instead of white) is usually my go-to, although the Vegetable Pad Thai is another go-to...but I almost always get migraines from the food here!? I can't figure out why necessarily, other than the high amount of carbohydrates consumed, maybe!? I'm thinking it's just my health issues, + not the food haha.

If you want to be able to buy a sandwich and french fries at the same place you get your (still hella-authentic!) Pad Thai w/ Sriracha sauce: Mindy K Deli + Catering (Old Saybrook, CT)
*my picture again!! Yummmmm :p !! <3
Holy YUM! Although it's closed at random times sometimes because of catering jobs, etc., if you get here while it's open, you've really lucked out. I really recommend the vegetable with peanut sauce wrap -- it's like a big, crunchy salad with Asian influence (or should I say "pizzaz!"), that just so happens to be in a wrap!

For those who just can't get enough of really good Chinese takeout: King's Garden (East Lyme, CT)
*via

THE BROCCOLI IN GARLIC SAUCE THOUGHHHHHHHHHHH. Also, the vegetable fried rice is the bomb dot com. It's perfection in a big white carton. Not the biggest fan of the lo mein here though... it's a bit too "umami" for me, like it's very "earthy" flavored because of the mushrooms and tastes almost meaty, if you're into that...ahaha!

Happy eating, friends!! :D

What's your favorite Asian fusion restaurant, whether in Southeastern Connecticut or not!?
xoxo, Brooke
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.

    Japanese Steakhouse Palm Beach Gardens

    Catering Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunting has been a popular recreational sport in the human civilization since time unknown. In the tribal culture hunting is mostly practiced to obtain meat of animals for eating. There are still many tribes in various continents who hunt wild animals to obtain food for their family and tribe members. Resource

    ReplyDelete