Pink Paw Print

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mindfulness Monday!

Here on Mindfulness Mondays, I know that we all've got a lot of needs on Mondays, to help us carry through the week. Sundays are my least favorite day of the week, personally, because I often times start worrying about the week ahead. However, instead of worrying, from now on, I am going to get myself excited for each coming week by putting some planning skills into play and kind of "designing" my week ahead! :D Perhaps I'll write a post soon on how to design your week ahead, but anyyyyyywayyyy: Mondays, too, can really set the tone for a good week. If you start your week off right, chances are it will continue to go "right," rather than slowly go downhill as the days go on... there's a law of physics that backs up that statement, right?...RIGHT!? ahahah :p !! Without further ado, welcome to your very first Mindfulness Monday! <3 [[Please note: today's Mindfulness Monday post has been posted a bit later than when you can usually expect them to be posted in the future (legit first thing in the morning from now on!!) because, ya know, when you've got lady cramps & a 9 A.M. class & a test following that, you've gotta move a little bit slower and go a little easier on your body + brain!]]


When you need some words of encouragement... (repeat this mantra once in the morning when you wake up, once in the afternoon after eating lunch, and once in the evening before bed!)
I am a good person, and I am a kind person. If people do not realize this, pay no matter.

When you need a good stretch...
(for directions on how to do this yoga pose correctly, click the caption "*via" to get the link to the online article!)
*via

When you need a mental boost... (put this easy mental health tip into action!)
Go to bed tonight thirty minutes earlier then when you usually do.


When you need a musical pick-me-up... (equally perfect for listening to while commuting to work + dancing around your apartment!)
"I Make My Own Sunshine" by Alyssa Bonagura.


When you need a texture of the day to help set your intentions... (seek out objects with this feel to it and surround yourself with them!)
Sticky - encourage yourself to "stick" to your goals. (e.g., buy a pack of chewing gum, play with Silly Putty to keep your hands busy, make your own homemade jams, do a DIY project involving glue or [[Washi!]] tape)

When you need to eat something delicious that's not actually bad for you... (click the caption "*via" to find the link to the online recipe!)
*via
When you need a little introspective journaling... (Write in your journal about the following prompt!) 
If close my eyes and pretend that I am 99 years old right now, I want to look back on my life and say that I have done these 20 things...




Have a happy Mindful Monday!
xoxo, Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Great tips and suggestions! An uplifting post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you liked it, Gulara!! :D <3 xoxo

      Delete