Pink Paw Print

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reconnecting With Blogger Friends!

Okay, okay - I'm getting my shizz together. I wasn't really able to post over break, after all, because I got a nasty stomach flu and then was traveling quite a bit and then other personal issues arose. But I've realized that as much as I would hope that TPL could be one of those blogs with millions of page views a day, I'm just not at that point yet - and that's a-okay! I will take hundreds instead of millions, that's just fine. Also, I've made a conscious decision to quit the sponsored posts for a while, and write about things that I genuinely love even though they will not be sponsored in any way. This means that I'll still be telling you about really cool products, books, fashion ideas, music, movies, and more but nobody has paid me to do so. I want to write about things just for the sake of sharing the things that I love with you, and to share my life with you! I've really been missing the blogging community, as since the summer, I've kind of disappeared from it, but I am going to be making a conscious effort to foster new friendships with bloggers and not be shy to reach out through social media channels, or hey - even video chat!

Although I'm an extrovert, I can also be incredibly shy, and I am really working to overcome this. I'd love to make new gurl frandzz from all over the country (and internationally, hayyyy!) who love writing and sharing life with others as much as I do. This means setting aside about even just two hours a day to 1. blogging/post creation, and 2. reading other people's blogs + commenting genuine thoughts on their posts. Writing + maintaining a blog is incredibly time-consuming, and if somebody is putting their heart + soul into their blog, then I would love to show them that their efforts are not going without notice. It is so easy to feel isolated from other bloggers if you step away from their blogs for even just a few months due to the craziness of life - I want to get back into the blogging world but step past the artificial boundaries that are often put into place. Likes for likes, follows for follows... no no no! I want to send emails about how your creative process is going! I want to bounce post ideas off of each other! I want to know about how school or work or your boyfriend or your best friends IRL have been! I want real, meaningful connections with other bloggers, and I am very ready to put in the time to do so. Tweet: In order to be part of a community, you have to show that you care - and I am so very ready to show that I care. @ThePinkLyme
Are you heavily involved in the blogger community? I'd love to know your thoughts!
xoxo, Brooke

P.S. - Pssst!...Get a hint about an upcoming blog post by checking out the latest picture on my Instagram account! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this- & I'd love to learn how to put click to tweet into blog posts- HAHA

    XOXO
    Faith
    faithsgirlylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I'm so glad, Faith!!! :D <3 You can go to clicktotweet.com + include it in your blog posts!
      xoxo

      Delete