Pink Paw Print

Friday, March 4, 2016

Currently Trending

Here's the low-down on culture in my life lately!

Watching: "Making A Murderer"
*via
Now I've been watching this for my Forensic Psychology class, so granted, it's a bit of homework, buuuuut! So, it's a Netflix documentary series that follows the situation of Steven Avery, a gentlesir who was in prison for basically two decades for a rape he didn't commit. Then, he winds up back in prison because he's accused of murdering a 25-year-old female photographer. The plot is beginning to thicken, and what makes it so heartbreakingly scary is that this is a real human life - if he didn't actually do it, then he's in prison yet again for a horrifying crime that he, yet again, did not commit.  (I want to emphasize the fact that, yes, murder is definitely a horrifying crime!!!! The media really has gotten people used to not even batting an eye at the thought of murder, so to speak, because we have become so desensitized to it in movies and video games and the like. We tend to forget that taking the life of another human being is a terrifying crime that people actually do every single day! *soul slowly dies*~~) I'm not gonna lie, though, some episodes are definitely better than others. The second episode was a bit of a snooze, but the fourth episode was actually surprisingly really engaging - and that's coming from somebody who doesn't have much of an attention span for television! I'm looking forward to watching the fifth episode soon! :D I usually make one of my friends who lives in my dorm watch it with me in the common room, and she gets pretty scared by the show but can still handle watching it... I think most people would be able to, too!

Reading: My Pinterest feed....(does that count!? Maybe!? *sigh*)
*via

The only book I've been reading lately, unfortunately, is some highly disturbing novel for my Forensic Psychology class about a guy who was in prison for shooting some people after a failed attempt at robbing a bank... I can't even get into how gross and heinously visual some descriptions are and I just can't recommend you guys to read it, considering I can barely stomach it myself and honestly would not be reading something so mentally scarring and disturbing if I didn't have to. So, I'll just say I've been reading various articles about health/fitness, finding "The One," yoga, mindfulness, and goal-setting on Pinterest!

Eating: "Fields of Green" Sandwich
*via

Okay, so, being a pescatarian (aka vegetarian who eats fish & eggs) who isn't a fan of most types of cheese, I have found that my sandwich options are usually limited. HOWEVER! I recently discovered the sandwich bar (there are two: one where you can make your own sandwich, and one where members of the dining hall staff craft a sandwich for you; I'm referring to the latter!) in my college's main dining hall. I've always just stayed away from it because the line is always ~*hella long*~ but I decided to just ignore my impatient side and go for it, once I checked the board that displays what kind of sandwiches they offer... BECAUSE THERE'S A VEGETARIAN SANDWICH!! *jumps up and down with the utmost delight* It's technically on a garlic herb wrap, but I always ask for everything on a ciabatta roll: romaine lettuce, onions, tomato, cucumber slices, sundried tomato spread-stuff (like the consistency of mayo/pesto), and feta cheese. I know, I know, I usually loathe cheese LOL buuuuuut I do eat feta cheese, when on a sandwich/in a wrap... go figure! :p I just like the flavor, but I don't want to think about the texture at all.... *shivers*

Wearing: Crop Tops
*via

Yes, you read that right! Recently, I've been hitting the gym and factoring in healthier options into my diet (without sacrificing flavor, bc I'm such a little foodie ;) !) so my tummy has been pretty flat lately! I love pairing them with mid-rise jeans and a choker necklace. Pop on some sneakers for a cute, sporty girl-next-door look, or stacked-heel suede or leather booties for a little extra "oomph!" My favorite places to buy crop tops are Forever 21 or H&M.

Listening To: "Dancing on Glass" by St. Lucia, "Once In A While" by Timeflies, and "Work From Home" by Fifth Harmony, Ty Dolla $ign



Just a warning - I haven't actually watched the music videos, so my apologies if they wind up being "offensive," in any way! All of these songs are really great to listen to in the morning when getting ready for the day! They are peppy, positive, upbeat tunes that make you wanna shake your booty - just be careful not to accidentally whack yourself in the eye with your mascara wand while dancing around! ;) ahaha!

Inspired By: Lauren Conrad (don't hate, lulz.)
*via
Literally, I have been so inspired by this fantabulous lady lately. Not only is she a published author, but she is also a fashion and jewelry designer, a blogger/website founder, a previous television personality ("Laguna Beach" and "The Hills" were just, omg), lifestyle guru, and more! I love her entrepreneurial spirit, and everything she posts on Instagram/Pinterest/her blog is just #goals. Her hair is always amazing, and her makeup is always so tasteful. I was shocked when I found out that's she is 30 years old because her skin is so youthful and glowing all the time... unless that's just due to Instagram filters werrkin' their magic - but I doubt it, lol!! Oh, and she's MARRIED to the guy she loves *insert emoji with hearts for eyes here!* who is both artsy and intellectual (he was a former musician, but then went to law school!!!!) Definitely where I want to be when I'm her age. Aaaaaand she values genuine, real friendships and denounces fake, toxic people. I'm not really the biggest into celebrities (can you blame me!?), but Lauren is an exception because she is goal-driven and talented! She doesn't run around doing drugs and taking her clothing off to get noticed; on the contrary, she is respected and admired for her classy character - something that we should all strive for!


What are you watching, reading, eating, wearing, listening to, and inspired by?
xoxo, Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Work From Home is my jam!!! (As you may know from my Snapchat lol....)

    x,
    Sunny - astoldbysunny.com

    ReplyDelete