Pink Paw Print

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Podcasts On My "To-Listen" List

I've never been a podcast type of lady. I thought podcasts were only meant for people who think they are "hipper-than-thou," so to speak, but you don't have to be snobby AF to enjoy a good podcast! I love anything that involves intellectual stimulation, but the whole "audio" thing, too, was really turning me off from getting into them. I just need something to keep my hands busy while I listen, you know!? Thankfully, I realized that coloring in adult coloring books (lol, I hate phrasing it that way... I mean, saying adult coloring books to me just sounds like, provocative or something!! Eek! :p ahaha!) provide the perfect opportunity to further engage myself while listening! Recently, after asking around for some recommendations, in addition to prowlin' -*casually claws at you like a tigress*- around for some good ones on my own, here are several of the podcasts that I think I'm going to start listening to!:

*via

"Serial"

Soooo, I think it's safe to say that this is one of the most well-known (~*and beloved*~) podcasts out there! Also, I'm currently taking a Forensic Psychology class for my minor in Psych, and I've been super into anything relating to the law and criminal behavior lately - and this podcast will definitely fit that bill, so to speak!


"Personality Hacker"

As somebody who is obsessed with all things personality-centric (I love trying to figure out which of the Myers-Briggs personalities my friends are!! *squeals with delight*), this podcast was recommended to me by a fellow ENFP! It must be in our nature to love these things...


"Brain Stuff"

Apparently this podcast explains how stuff works and talks about the science in the everyday that we can easily either take for granted or be ignorant of!! Illuminate me with your almighty knowledge, "Brain Stuff"....lmaooo!


"Welcome to Night Vale"

Who couldn't use a little dose of comedic fiction in their lives, amiright!? It is basically a show that gives fake updates about a fake small town - and really really bizarre shizz goes down!


"Freakonomics"

When I read the book and watched the documentary, I was smitten. I love economics, and anything that expands my mental horizons - this podcast will do just that. One website says, "It will tell you things you always thought you knew but didn't, and things you never thought you wanted to know, but do."


"Stuff You Should Know"

I'm pretty bad-ass at trivia. Like, Trivial Pursuit is my game. And oh yeah, remember Trivia Crack!? I WAS OBSESSED!!! I love learning anything and everything, especially random facts. I think learning makes life a more vibrant place to spend our time! :p


"Radio Headspace"

This has been described as a meditation-focused podcast, and I love meditation! Positivity and mental relaxation are very important for a good life and I think listening to this would be a good start in the right direction!!

Do you listen to podcasts? If so, do you have any favorites!? Let me know in the comments below!
xoxo, Brooke

3 comments:

  1. If you like Serial you'll love Undisclosed! You should really check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I LOVE the "Think Happy." :) Secondly, thanks for giving me a starting point on finding awesome podcasts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I don't read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice post.

    I will share it my site !!!!
    http://thesavvybitchlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete