Pink Paw Print

Sunday, February 7, 2016

February Favorites: Lipsticks Edition

This February, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite things! Personally, I adore lipsticks. Although I find that my love of eating kind of destroys my perfectly-applied lipstick, I don't really let it deter me from applying it... and re-applying it... and re-applying it yet again...

Here are my favorite lip products! They are mainly lipsticks, but I've also included some "non-lipsticks," such as lip treatments or lip stains:

1. LIPSTICK QUEEN // Queen Bee Lipstick



*via
This is one of my favorite lipstick-treatment combos. It goes on a shimmering gold color that pairs perfectly with bronzer or gilded eyeshadow! However, be careful when you apply it... I pressed down too hard, and because it is so darn creamy, the lipstick actually broke in two! =0 Proceed with caution, but it is so so worth the results. Flake-free lips that are ready to pucker up for the rest your 103839202 selfies of the day! ;)


2. NYX COSMETICS // Round Case Lipstick in "Narcissus"

*via
This lipstick is the perfect pop of pink to add a girly touch to any outfit! I'd try it with a striped ringer tee, indigo-rinse skinny jeans, and high-top white Converse sneakers. Personally, I love true pinks, and the blue undertones help teeth to appear whiter in color! Win-win, am I right!?


3. REVLON // Color Stay: Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Adore"

*via
This balm stain is my go-to for date nights, or a night out with girl friends. It looks incredible when paired with your favorite LBD, or you can use it to vamp up a basic blouse/leggings/wedge booties combo. I wouldn't necessarily wear this during the daytime, because of how dark a shade it is in contrast to my light skin tone, but for beauties with darker skin, I'd say you could probably pull it off quite well! *cue sassy hand flip*


4. BARE MINERALS // Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in "Pink Passion"

*via
This lip oil-balm goes on like a velvety lipstick. The color is so vivid, and it definitely adds a "preppy" vibe to your look, without trying too hard. Because it is close to a coral shade of pink, go full-out Palm Beach with an outfit that includes pops of turquoise and lime green (or "lyme" green, dare I say it!! ;) ahaha!), and pearl earrings. Which reminds me, I've got to get my earlobes re-pierced, hmmm...

5. STILA // Color Balm Lipstick in "Gemma"

*via

Purple is much easier to wear than you would imagine! As the quote goes, it all seems impossible until it's done. :p Because this shade is a tad bolder than the rest, I would recommend keeping the rest of your makeup simple. Go chic with your hair by creating a middle-part and flat-iron it straight, but be sure to keep the colors incorporated in the rest of your outfit equally as bold! Going too muted with your outfit colors, contrary to what you might think, will make the lipstick come off as a bit tacky. There is a delicate balance between looking daring and looking clownish, but I will rest assured that you'll be able to make that judgment call, lmaooo!


6. NYX COSMETICS // Butter Lipstick in "Gumdrop"

*via
For the uber-girly girls, this one's for us! The texture of this lipstick really does feel like butter - the name doesn't lie!! - and the pigment is very vivid! However, it tends to come off pretty easily after, say, drinking some Starbucks latte, so be prepared to pack it in your pocket or purse to take it along with you for the future touch-ups that you will most likely be needing.


7. SMASHBOX // Be Legendary Lip Gloss in "Sugar Cane"

*via

Although this is merely a gloss, the color goes on quite strong! It's not a clear gold glitter, as you may think from the bottle; rather, it actually goes on like a gold-flecked, shimmering taupe. Definitely ideal for brightening up your complexion during the doldrums of the winter season!


Which lipstick is your favorite go-to!? Let me know in the comments below, or tweet at me @ThePinkLyme !
xoxo, Brooke

P.S. - Who's watching the Super Bowl tonight!? Go Panthers!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment