Pink Paw Print

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Finding Inspiration

Recently, I haven't been blogging as much as usual because I've found it's been difficult to find inspiration.

The truth is, I write for multiple digital publications, and it's hard to find a balance between writing for others and writing for myself. Increasingly, the digital publications that I write for have been wanting more personal pieces - something that I've always reserved for The Pink Lyme. I was used used to writing editorial pieces for others, but I was always sure to save those "deep" kinds of posts for this blog, instead. Because of that, I've been unsure of how to proceed. I'm going to be doing a lot of soul-searching to figure out what my vision is. I want to find some sort of blogging inspiration, but it's difficult. Some of the publications that I write for have a larger readership, so I feel inclined to write articles for those more often than I do for this blog, even though I've vowed to make this blog a place where I can write about the things that matter to me.

Also, I've written something similar in a post a while back, but so much of the blogging world is sadly not all that genuine. Many "blogger friends" just befriend others for a source of promotion, rather than genuinely liking them for who they are. Instagram accounts are supposed to have some sort of "theme" or general "aesthetic." Pinterest is no longer used for merely pinning recipes or D.I.Y. crafts that you'll never actually make to try someday; instead, you have to solely pin things that will promote you and your blog's "personal brand." I feel like in order to "make it" as a successful blogger, you have to craft some faux persona, but that artifice prevents real relationships with readers. I don't want to abandon the blogging scene, but I do want to try to figure out what my boundaries are. Quality of content is huge to me, and I don't want to let competition deter me away from keepin' it real.

I'll figure things out, and write again soon.
xoxo, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment