Pink Paw Print

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Currently Trending

A new year calls for a new post in the "Currently Trending" series, amiright, friends!? :p Here's the down-low on culture in my life lately!

(PS I AM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO ANY POST COMMENTS IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS; LIFE HAS BEEN CRAY-CRAY BUT THIS YEAR I AM REALLY GOING TO PUT MORE TIME INTO THE PINK LYME BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND I LOVE Y'ALLZ WHO READ IT AND YEAH <3. I WILL RESPOND SOON, AND YOUR COMMENTS MEAN THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO ME. I LOVE KNOWING WHEN A POST RESONATES WITH YOU - I'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU DON'T COMMENT/EMAIL ME TELLING ME SO! <3)

Watching: Action Movies Involving Spy-ish Elements
*via
"The Man From U.N.C.L.E.," "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation," and more have been on my to-watch list as of late! I've found that I prefer a good plot in the novels I read, whereas I prefer visuals to be, well, visual. I'd love incredible graphics in a movie because I can just go find an incredible story when actually reading a story. Buuuuut most books for adults -it's safe to say- do not include any graphics! Action movies deff. has the most ~fab~ graphics *cue sassy handflip*

Reading: Cooking Light Magazine
*via
Recently, I've been getting very into knowing exactly what ingredients go into my food. If a bottled condiment at the supermarket has quite a few relatively-unnatural preservatives in it (eek!), I'll just make it at home! Thousand island dressing, for example, can be made using organic ketchup and low-fat mayonnaise with diced pickle bits! No this isn't sponsored, hahah, I just honestly think this magazine is bae because it lists all the nutritional info as well as healthy ingredients (of course!!) that you'll need to make the dishes. Health + flavor = such a win!

Eating: Bourbon Salmon Sandwich at The Fresh Market
*via
In a neighboring town, they have recently opened up The Fresh Market, which is basically like, a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's type place. When you go to the deli counter, ask for the bourbon salmon on a sesame bun with thousand island dressing (can you tell I like thousand island, orrrr!? ahaha!!) and onions... you're welcome. <3 Honestly, anything you get at The Fresh Market? 10/10 would eat! Don't say I didn't warn ya when you find the gourmet candy isle....... :3


Wearing: G.H. Bass & Co. Northern Duck Boots
*via
I'd been told that these are a good take on the classic Bean Boot. Always one to try something new and break away from the mainstream, I am so glad that I purchased these. They were worth the "risk!" THEY ARE SO WARM AND COZY. I'm planning on living on these for the next three or so winters, before I'll cave and buy a new color to add to my new collection! :p Fashionista hint: Buy these at the Bass "outlet" store - I purchased mine for a whopping 80% off!!! *gasp*! That's what up~~


Listening to: All The Time by Bahamas



I'm trying to teach myself how to play this on my pink ukulele, but no promises!! :p Even though it's relaxing, it's almost haunting!! I think it's also in a television commercial, but I forget which... *guilty face* I've got so much going on this winter break, my mind is all over the place right now!


Inspired by: James (aka #bae)

When your guy bff has the guts to ask you to be his girlfriend >>>> !!!!! <33333333 He's just the ~*awesomest person ever*~ but I really feel like I need to cut myself off now, or I will just keep gushing about how great he is and not stop, lol!! However!! - I'm actually writing a piece for the Odyssey called "9 Reasons Why Dating Your Guy Best Friend Is The Most Magical Thing Ever," so check back on this post in a few days! I will insert a link to the post when it gets published here :)


What are you watching, reading, eating, wearing, listening to, and inspired by?
xoxo, Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment