Pink Paw Print

Monday, July 6, 2015

Currently Trending (Summer Edition!)

Current Beach Read: Why Hate the Billionaire by Johanna Bordeaux
[Note: I have received compensation from Worldwind Virtual Book Tours in the form of a free copy of this novel; however, all opinions stated are my own.]

I recently received a free copy of this mature romance novel - there are definitely scenes of erotica (!!!), so to my younger readers, maybe steer clear of this one!? Anyway, for those looking to seriously spice up their summer, this book's vivid descriptions are the equivalent to a dose of literary Sriracha sauce! *wiggles eyebrows provocatively*

Current Favorite Summer TV Show: Pretty Little Liars
*via
Who. Is. A!!?!?!?!? That is all I can say. Does anybody know if we're supposed to find out who "A" is this season!?


Current Summer Fashion Trend I Can't Stop Wearing: Stretchy Black Choker Necklace
*via
If you've been craving an instant "cool" factor to add to your wardrobe, this necklace is definitely your go-to. I personally got mine in a set by Mudd at Kohl's, which also came with another choker featuring a Yin Yang charm on a black cord - but I just found out that you can get them for much cheaper on Amazon!


Current Summer "That's My Jammmmmm!" Song: "Black Magic" by Little Mix



Try to not allow this song to get stuck in your head - I dare you! Whether I'm doing my makeup in the morning or trying to fall asleep at night, this song plays over…and over… and over, again and again, in my mind! *casually starts shimmying shoulders to the beat*


Current Inspirational Figure for the Summer: Roy Lichtenstein
*via
Roy Lichtenstein was a leading artist of the Pop Art movement back in the '60s. He loved to create both parodies and comic book-style artwork. This summer, I've been learning to just go with the natural flow of life (for a very drastic change) instead of trying to control every element of my life, and Lichtenstein's work - which never takes itself too seriously - is an incredible inspiration!

What's currently trending in your life so far for this summer?
xoxo, Brooke

8 comments:

  1. I used to wear those chokers ALL the time when I was in Junior High. Glad they're making a comeback. I love a good choker! PS - I am SO ready to find out who A is!?

    Xo,
    Courtney
    www.courtneyfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT!?! They were allll the rage back in the day, ahaha! <3 And I agree - it's about time they tell us who it is, don't you think!? :p

      Delete
  2. omg I haven't worn a choker in so long! and PLL is my all-time favorite show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm sure!! They were sooo '90s! *cue sassy hand flip* :p AHHH same here...it's so amazing!! <3

      Delete
  3. My two girls love those jokers. They won't ever let me borrow them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I understand that - wearing it is so addicting, to the point where now I feel odd leaving the house without it on!! <3

      Delete
  4. Brooke -- Thanks for featuring my book! Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna! <3 Happy to do so! Here's hoping more people will read it, as well! :D

      Delete