Pink Paw Print

Friday, June 12, 2015

From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!: Nutella & Peanut Butter OREO Bars with Chocolate Frosting

Welcome back for the last post of the week in my "From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!" series!! Today's post is featuring the Nutella & Peanut Butter OREO Bars with Chocolate Frosting <33333 that I made last night!

adapted it from this recipe which originally called for graham cracker crumbs instead of Triple Double Oreo crumbs (aka the kind of Oreo that has both chocolate & white creme filling)… but I love me some Oreos, so the graham crackers stayed put in my pantry for this one! ;) The original recipe also called for additional sugar in the frosting, but if you are already using milk chocolate chips, which are sweeter than say, semisweet or bittersweet chips, I definitely recommend skipping the extra sugar because the bars are already very sweet. I also used a 9x7 pan, instead of the original's 9x9.

The best part about these bars? No actual baking required! So easy.














INGREDIENTS:
Bars:
2/3 package of "Triple Double" Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick of butter, melted
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter

Frosting (I'd say it's more of a ganache, personally!)  :
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:
1. To make the bars, put butter into a microwavable bowl with powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Then put bowl into microwave to melt, and then stir the mixture to combine. (It will look lumpy!)
2. Put Oreo crumbs into mixture and stir to combine. Then add in the Nutella and the peanut butter, stir again to combine.
3. Press the mixture into 9x7 pan and put into the freezer. Leave it in the freezer until you finish making the frosting.
4. To make the frosting, put chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl and melt the chips in the microwave (check every 15 seconds to make sure the chocolate isn't burning!).
5. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla extract to combine.
6. Remove bars from the freezer and pour the frosting over the bars, spreading the frosting over them evenly. Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes is up, remove bars from the freezer once again and slice them.
8. Enjoy!! <3

What did you have for dessert last night?
xoxo, Brooke

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love chocolate, too, Brittany!! <3 It -was- absolutely amazing, for sure!! *insert salsa dancing emoji here*

      Delete
  2. Wow those look insanely delicious! Thanks for the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, they -were- insanely delicious!! :p I definitely recommend you try it sometime! <3

      Delete
  3. OMGGG These are so dangerous! I would eat the entire pan in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha ACCURATE!! <3 they are -definitely- dangerous but I've been doing overtime at the gym to make up for it ;) lol!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, there goes my diet! Anything with Nutella is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I know, right!?!?! Nutella = the best!! <3

      Delete
  5. So going to try this with vegan ingredients x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea!!! Be sure to let me know how it comes out - I'd love to see your pictures/blog post!<3

      Delete
  6. Oooo those look dangerously delicious! I'm going to have to save these for a special occasion, but I will definitely be making them! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I'm so glad!!! Definitely send me some pictures/a link to your blog post when you make them so I can check it out! <3

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. grr- my comments keep deleting themselves!!

    wow this looks awesome! have to try!
    lauren @ blessedbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, no worries!! Yes!! You should try them, for sure, and be sure to send me a link to pictures/your blog post because I'd love to see them! <3

      Delete