Pink Paw Print

Monday, June 8, 2015

From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!: Creamy Avocado Pasta

Today is the first post of my "From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!" series for this week! *happydance* For today's recipe, I'm featuring my own adaptation of the Creamy Avocado Pasta that I found via Pinterest! (That link can be found a little bit further below if you keep on reading, but naturally, you're only going to want to try my version… right!? Ahaha!<3 ) I got pretty creative when it came to adapting the recipe… [ PS - Props to my mom who helped me determine the precise amounts of each of the ingredients I wanted to use!! You da real MVP, mama bear. ]

This is the original website that inspired me, but I definitely did not follow that given recipe by any means; instead, I made the dish entirely with my own by adding a bit of "Brooke" flair! I wanted to include both a dose of sweetness and spiciness to serve as a metaphorical representation of my personality!! *insert salsa dancing emoji here* I also wanted to keep it healthy, as I've been trying to eat more than just cucumbers with creamy italian dressing & ice cream bars & potato chips more balanced than I do during the regular academic year, so I chose to use greek yogurt instead of olive oil.











INGREDIENTS: 
12 oz. penne pasta (it's affordable and tastes great!? Count me in! ;) ahaha!!)
2 ripe Haas avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon natural honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh dill, large stems removed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 heirloom tomato (diced), sprinkled on top
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, sprinkled on top
1/4 cup shelled walnuts (chopped), sprinkled on top

DIRECTIONS:
1. Make pasta according to directions on box.
2. In a food processor, put in the avocados, yogurt, honey, garlic, dill, and salt. Blend until smooth.
3. Place mixture on top of pasta. Then garnish with the tomato, cheese, and walnuts
4. Bon app├ętit! Go ahead and eat, ya little chef, you!!! Lol!! <3

Note: If you aren't planning on sprinkling the parmesan cheese on top of the dish, use either a little bit less honey or a little bit more kosher salt to taste! ;)

What did you eat for dinner tonight?
xoxo, Brooke

40 comments:

  1. How interesting! I'm trying to envision the honey/Greek yogurt mixture with pasta... That sounds... different? LOL! Yay for making it your own version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it's definitely different, for sure!... and that's exactly why I'm lovin' it!! :p <3

      Delete
  2. I don't know that I would've ever put those ingredients together but it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!! *takes a grand bow* I try, I try, lol!! And yes, it's deff unique! <3

      Delete
  3. This looks so yummy. Whenever I need a new recipe I always turn to pinterest. This is one I have yet to find. SO trying this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 You -definitely- should try it out - when you do, be sure to either send me pictures or a link to your blog post!! :)

      Delete
  4. I love avocado. I never thought about combining it with pasta, I have to try this. It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I never thought of it before myself, either, until I saw it on Pinterest!!! Let me know if you wind up trying it, and send me pics/a link to the blog post! <3

      Delete
  5. Pinned! Because, hello, creamy avocado pasta? Does it get better than that?! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, awww! For sure!!! <3 It was totesmygoats delish! *cue sassy hand flip*

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing and so easy to make! Thank you for sharing this

    www.deliriumstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! <3 It really -was- so easy to make! :)

      Delete
  7. I've just posted a recipe for avocado pasta with courgetti. This looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yummy!! *wiggles eyebrows excitedly* lol!! I'll have to check out the post on your blog, for sure! :) And thank you!! <3

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you!! Ahhh, oh my gosh, I know!! I love avocado, too! <3

      Delete
  9. This is a lovely idea. I so can imagine using this a lot. thanks for the inspo.
    Rosie
    www.therosedogblog.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! You should definitely try it out and send me the pictures/a link to the blog post - I'd love to see how it comes out! <3

      Delete
  10. Oh man! This looks super good. I'm definitely going to have to try it out.
    xo, Caitlin
    And Possibly Dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! <3 If you try it, let me know so I can see some pictures/a blog post!!

      Delete
  11. This looks SO good :) Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! I love the tomato on top, it would break up the creaminess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are so right! The tomato definitely added some nice texture, as did the walnuts & parmesan cheese! <3

      Delete
  13. This looks really yummy! I need to try this out. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! When you try it out, send me a link to pictures/a blog post - I'd love to see the final result! <3

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 You should try making it, lol!! :p

      Delete
  15. This sounds amazing!! Read it just in time b/c I am going to the store in just a bit!! It will be a dinner for my family this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Hahaha, oh my gosh, how perfect!?! Let me know how it comes out, and send me any pictures that you take! <3

      Delete
  16. I never would have thought to use avocado in the same dish as pasta... but, this sure does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right!? Who knew!? When I saw it on Pinterest, I just -had- to try it!! Thank you!! <3

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Please do try it!! And, of course, be sure to send me pictures when you make it!! :p lol!! <3

      Delete
  18. This looks delicious! I've been eyeing some recipes on Pinterest to make myself. If this were my recipe, I'd probably go ahead and add some bacon bits, because bacon and avocados are always a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sammi!!! <3 hahaha, the vegetarian in me is raising a sassy eyebrow at those bacon bits, but I'm sure that would taste absolutely amazing!!

      Delete
  19. Looks really good. I would have never thought of putting those ingredients together but it looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! <3 Hahaha, exactly! Avocado makes me think of guacamole & tortilla chips, but it really does taste fantastic with pasta! Who knew!? :p

      Delete