Pink Paw Print

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!: Baked Salmon w/ Honey Dijon and Garlic

Today is the second post of my "From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!" series for this week! For today's recipe, I'm featuring my own adaptation of the Baked Salmon w/ Honey Dijon and Garlic that I found via Pinterest! (You can find the link for that original recipe below... but let's be real here, mine's pretty tasty *wiggles eyebrows with delight* lol!! <3 )

Unlike the original recipe which required a higher heat and shorter cooking time, my recipe uses a lower heat but five minutes longer of cooking time... I love the way glass baking dishes always seem to cook food to perfection, so I was miss ol' faithful to what I love! Also, the original recipe only called for parsley, but I decided to spice things up a bit (LOLZ OMG GET IT, I said spice things up because I'm telling you about the spices I used in the recipe!?!? Like, omg, sooooo pun-ny!!!! Okay okay I'll stop now... ~~~~ *runs & hides*) by using a combination of different spices: parsley (in honor of the original recipe), basil, and dill <--my personal fave!

You guys... it came out so delicious. This is definitely going to be my go-to for when I find my true love who is a real sweetheart gentleman guy who likes cooking things as much as I do and we live happily ever after and we make romantic meals together by candlelight as smooth jazz croons through the all-white kitchen via built-in speakers in the vaulted ceilings ....ermm, I mean when I host dinner parties when I'm older!! Yes yes, of course... :p










INGREDIENTS:
3 5-ounce skinless salmon fillet portions
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp. honey dijon mustard
1/8 tbsp. olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp. basil, chopped
1 tbsp. dill, chopped
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1/8 tsp. kosher salt

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place salmon portions onto a glass baking dish. (NOTE: It's important to use a glass baking dish, or else you will need to change the amount of heat and cooking time from what I have used ;) !)
2. Combine garlic, mustard, oil, lemon juice, herbs, and salt together by stirring in small bowl.
3. When fully-mixed, spoon mixture evenly onto salmon portions.
4. Bake salmon portions for 25 minutes.
5. Enjoy!! <3 #itwokeuplikethis. Perhaps pair it with this pasta that I made back on Monday!?

[This Baked Salmon w/ Honey Dijon and Garlic has been adapted from this recipe.]

NOTE: Be sure to check back on Friday for the last recipe of this week's "From Pinterest to Kitchen Table!" series!! <3

What did you have for dinner tonight?
xoxo, Brooke

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!<3 It definitely -was- yummy! :p

      Delete
  2. I am not a huge fan of fish. But that looks so good. I want to try and start eating fish because it is so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish (and eggs!) is the only "meat" protein I eat; other than that I'm a vegetarian! The smell of seafood can definitely be off-putting at first, but it really does taste fantastic! <3

      Delete
  3. I love honey dijon & I love salmon, so I'm thinking that this is one I have to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, what a perfect match made in heaven!! <3 If you wind up trying it, please send me some pictures or give me a link to your blog post! I'd love to check it out! :)

      Delete
  4. THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Sorry for the caps, but this post deserves it - in a good way :) I love your background too! So bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oh my gosh, don't even apologize!! <3 I'm so glad you love it!! Thank you so so much!! :)

      Delete
  5. Sure sound slike a great recipe. I am not sure I like salmon as I'm not tha tmuch of a fish eater, but mixed with the other ingredinets it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It -was- delicious, for sure!! <3 Salmon can be a bit of an acquired taste, but once you get used to it, you'll be obsessed! It's kind of like coffee or wine, haha! :p

      Delete
  6. Looks yummy! I will have to try it.

    http://bobaandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It was so yummy - I definitely recommend trying it!! <3 If you do, be sure to send me some pictures or a link to the blog post; I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete
  7. I don't eat fish but I know exactly who will try this and love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm typically not a fish person, but this might be an exception...
    xo, Caitlin
    And Possibly Dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Salmon and I love mustard, so this looks like a win/win for me. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely -does- sound like a win/win, haha!! <3 Let me know if you decide to try it! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm not a fish girl myself, but I want to take that rub and make it over chicken because I feel like it'd be fabulous! I'll have to whip up the salmon for the fiance, though, since it's one of his faves. (:

    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! We are the total opposites, because I love fish but don't eat chicken!! AWW! That would be awwdorable - I'm sure he will love it! If you wind up making it, send me the pictures; I'd love to see how it comes out! <3

      Delete
  11. Wow, these look delicious! Shared on pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so so much!!! <3 It definitely was delicious, for sure!! :)

      Delete
  12. I'm not really a fan of salmon, but this really does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Looks delish. I love salmon and honey dijon. I'm sure it would be a perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!!! <3 It -definitely- tasted like a perfect combo, lol!!

    ReplyDelete