Pink Paw Print

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Playing the Fool

Soooooo originally, I was planning on writing a horrible April Fool's post about how I was going to quit blogging and that it wasn't going to work out and I wasn't going to write anymore, etc. but considering how much I despise pranks and lies and jokes at other people's expense, I just couldn't do it!

I think the last true April Fool's Day prank I've done was when I was back as a youngin' at 5 years old, honestly. I definitely had a morbid sense of humor (read what I did, like who even was I!?): I took a ketchup packet and squirted it all over my finger. I pretended to cry and walked up to my dad that I had a horrible cut and it was bleeding! He was really scared at first, because he saw me crying (well, fake-crying) and a bunch of red stuff on my finger. Then I shouted APRIL FOOL'S!!!!! And I licked my finger. …I was an interesting one ;)

Even though I personally feel too guilty now that I have become a ~clearly~ mature young lady to perform any pranks, I definitely appreciated some that I found online! Here are my two online favorites that made me realize I was playing the fool before I realized they were just in spirit of the day:

1. Bye-bye, Nutella!
*via
Here is the link to the article.

WHEN I READ THIS I ALMOST BEGAN HYPERVENTILATING AND MY SOUL SLOWLY STARTED TO WITHER AWAY LIKE A LEAF IN THE AUTUMN. NUTELLA IS THE SECOND BEST THING TO LIFE, ITSELF, AND IT IS MY REASON FOR WAKING UP IN THE MORNING (AMONG OTHER GREAT REASONS). PRAISE THE HEAVENS THAT NUTELLA IS NOT GOING AWAY ANY TIME SOON. <333333333333


2. HerMoms.com via HerCampus.com
*via

I honestly fell for this one so hard!! In my mind I thought, "Wow! Mothers would love to read this stuff. An article about how often you should contact your daughter during the day? Information about the relationship-hook-up culture to understand what  totally-awkz romantic experiences your daughter is trying to navigate in college? Genius! Sadly, for all the excited moms out there, this website was a fake.


What were your favorite April Fool's jokes from today? Any nostalgia of excellent pranks in the past!?
xoxo, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment