Pink Paw Print

Monday, April 20, 2015

Clothing Organization: Closets & All!

Sorry for the mixup, everybody! Those horrible migraine headaches came back so I'm a day behind on this posting schedule but alas~~ here we go, anyway!

Clothing organization… sounds like a helluva mountain to tackle, am I right!? Well, it definitely doesn't have to be! My favorite thing about de-cluttering your physical space is how it also simultaneously declutters your heart, emotionally. Here are some super-easy steps to having ultimate organization of your clothes… and, therefore, your life!

*via

1// Need, Want, Give - these are your three magic words for cleaning day! Make a pile for the clothes that you will -honestly- wear quite regularly ("Need"), the clothes that you still love and have sentimental value that were given to you by (an) ex-boyfriend(s) and it hurts to much to look at them but there's no way you're about to give any of them away that you don't actually plan on wearing again anytime soon but want to store away in storage bins in your closet ("Want"), and clothes that no longer fit so you'd be willing to donate them ("Give").

2// Be Sure to Sort - In your drawers, sort all shirts into one draw, all bottoms into another, etc. This might sound like common sense, but you'd be surprised at how often when I'm in a rush, I kind of just throw clean laundry into any drawer as long as there's room in it *hides guilty face*!

3// Accessories Matter, Too! - Don't neglect to take proper care of your accessories! This includes everything from your beloved designer purses to your precious charm bracelets to your super-cute sandals. Many stores like Home Goods or Bed, Bath, & Beyond offer hangers for belts and scarves, and shoe racks can be found there, too. Pottery Barn Teen and Michael's (the hobby/crafting store) both tend to have great jewelry display holders and boxes. Also, be sure to check your local Walmart or Target for some great deals!

4// And lastly... It's All About Your Mindset - Rather than dreading cleaning (which I used to!), it's a great way to feel like you're getting your life together. There's this great quote that goes, "You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading the last one." I've recently been getting over a heartbreak (one that's too painful to even blog about to you guys, basically the first guy I've ever really loved reached out to me and it appears kind of making it seem like he wanted to get back together on purpose and then pull back so I would know how he felt when I ended our relationship last year because he was getting pretty emotionally abusive and threw things when he got angry so props to me for ending that as heartbreaking as it was to do so~ , that's how bad it is, and my head and heart are all twisted because it seems like everywhere I go holds so many memories that we shared together) so physically cleaning up old clothes, storing away old memories (both the heartbreakingly beautiful and bad) in bins, and keeping your living space organized helps to make a lady -begin- to feel ready for the next chapter in her life, even if it feels like your whole life has turned into a complete hot mess. A clean closet creates the perfect conditions for a clear mind/heart - trust me on this one! - leaving you feeling empowered and in control of a beautiful, happy future to come. We have a lot to gain when we declutter our lives, really!

What are your best organizational tips, whether for decluttering closets or decluttering your heart & mind!?
xoxo, Brooke

5 comments:

  1. I color code my closet and it really helps and has made a big difference!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea!! I've always wanted to try doing that - I'll have to get on that, haha! ;)

      Delete
  2. I separate my clothes by style.. sweaters, button-downs, t-shirts, etc. It helps me when I'm in the mood to wear a specific thing!

    ReplyDelete