Pink Paw Print

Monday, March 16, 2015

Something That's On Everybody's Mind Lately


Something that's on everybody's mind lately, or so it seems, that I've talked to in the past four or so days whether in college, or high school, or post-grad and in the workplace, is feeling like they are being treated as "less-than".
*via
The truth is, though, the way that the person who is treating you as "less-than" is acting is just a reflection of the kind of person they are and has nothing to do with you. That guy who hasn't messaged you back yet? If he's being lazy with you now, imagine how lazy he would be with you in the future when it comes to putting effort into your relationship. That boss of yours who refuses to acknowledge how hard you've been working lately? Perhaps she or he isn't getting recognition for the work that she/he is doing, either! Often times, the way we are treated has nothing to do with us.

Just remember, as the wise quote above tells us: Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.

Has this been on your mind lately, too!?
xoxo, Brooke

12 comments:

  1. An interesting thought, and one that I definitely agree with at its core (I love that quote), but I also think it's important to acknowledge some other aspects of this....

    For instance, that guy who hasn't messaged you back yet? We're immediately jumping to the conclusion that he's lazy and not putting effort into the relationship, but maybe he's not being lazy at all. Maybe he's sick, or his dog just died, or he's swamped with work, or his phone broke. Or maybe he's shy, or he has different standards for the amount of effort that should be put into a relationship than you do. :)

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Sorry for my lack of clarification, I meant that being lazy was, indeed, the actual reason for the lack of response. There are definitely other reasons - you're very right!

      Delete
  2. So true! Reminds me of the saying about judging a goldfish on its ability to climb a tree...everyone has their own unique talents and abilities. Just because someone else might not see them doesn't decrease their value! Thanks for sharing some wise words to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, YES!! I love that quote about the goldfish - it's absolutely brilliant and insightful. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! <3

      Delete
  3. Hey girly! I LOOOOVE that quote. Like seriously, to put it shortly this last week has been tough for me at work. I've been doing nothing but going above and beyond at the work they want me to do. And what do I get in return? In trouble. That's not the way that's supposed to work out. So to come here to this happy girly, and pink blog was really a refreshing way to start this next week. I'm going to put my big girl pants on and keep that quote in my mind as this new week begins. :) Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooof, that is so rough!! :/ But I'm so glad that you can keep this quote with you as a source of inspiration for the time being! Good luck, and keep positive! <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting this, girly! I had a rough weekend, dealing with the same problem. I took time out of my schedule to help my former Varsity Softball team fundraise at my old high school, and close to no one acknowledged my efforts! It left me feeling very unappreciated, especially since being on a gap year, I only did this to help my former team members :( I'm using this to feel better about the situation, though! You're awesome for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks girlie!! That's such a bummer that happened, but rest assured that you did a good thing and I sure appreciate that you went out of your way to help others! :)

      Delete
  5. This is an important way to think. I really like this quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sorta feel like this at work-the "better than this" thought...but it's not forever so I must keep that in mind. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely will not be forever!! Keep that in mind, and you will get through it all! <3

      Delete