Pink Paw Print

Monday, March 2, 2015

Entrepreneurship 101: The Happy, Jumpy Feeling

Today I went to a workshop called "Entrepreneurship 101: Turning Ideas Into Action" (guess who came up with the first part of that totesmygoats ~brilliant~ title ;) Hint: meeee hahahaha!) for the entrepreneurship club at my college that I'm a member of, and I can honestly say that it helped me realize what I want to do with my life in "the real world". Although I absolutely love English and reading is always going to be the one true love of my life, there is something about entrepreneurship and business that makes my heart feel like it's fluttering and my stomach becomes all jumpy in that good way! If you ever have that "oh-my-GOSH-this-is-the-greatest-thing-in-the-world" kind of fluttering feeling… follow that feeling. It's a clue that you're doing something that will take you on the path that's right for you!
This was the poster for the workshop… there was such a enthusiastic, good-natured group of bright minds!

 In the past, I had thought that I had gotten this same feeling - only there would be a hidden element of dread, as well, that I wouldn't dare admit to myself that I was simultaneously feeling. For example, I thought Environmental Chemistry would be for me; I absolutely loved the textbook reading and taking notes in class, but after every single lab, I would return back to my dorm room and cry my eyes out because of how horrible the experience was for me. I hated the numerical precision of weighing out substances just right, lest your entire experiment would be, well, totally screwed. I speak from experience, ugh! Or, for another example, I thought that previous relationship that I'm still healing from was the "absolute one" for me. Rather than admit to myself that hey, this guy tends to say and do some pretty disrespectful things which hack away at my self-confidence and self-esteem, I kept putting him up on a pedestal, believing that it was "no big deal" and that I was "just overreacting" and that I was "just being sensitive". Uhhhmm…nope! Often times, we only want to focus on the happy jumpy feeling we get about something and ignore the dread which is so so wrong.

The truth is, though, friends, that what's truly right for us will only give us the good feelings. There will be no bad feelings in the back of our minds that we'll try our best to ignore. For me, entrepreneurship has given me nothing but the good feelings. What about you?

What gives you nothing but the "good feelings"?
xoxo, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment