Pink Paw Print

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Losing Your Voice

As I explained in my most recent post, my voice is just not feelin' it. Four cups of tea and countless cough drops later (shout out to my friend Dana for giving me a whole bunch of cough drops in my time of need <333333), and this sums me up at the moment: -_________- !!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha, frighteningly accurate!

Now that my physical voice is lost, I sort of feel like my metaphorical voice is lost right now, too. Does that ever happen to you too? All I want to do is get my homework done so I can start getting more sleep for a change, (although that's hard because thoughts of the breakup haunt me at night). This is the last week of midterms before Spring Break (which I will be getting real wild for…I'm talkin' writing a 25 page term paper for my Jane Austen seminar ;) ! Rowdy, huh!?) so I need to be well-rested for this week for both an interview that I have for a summer internship and also for a paper that's due on Thursday!

I spent the afternoon with my mama bear doing some major damage at Ulta and Victoria's Secret - sometimes, there's just nothing better or more satisfying than making yourself feel uber-feminine, sexy, and gorgeous! Although I personally believe it's what's on the inside that is most important, giving your exterior a little boost for your ego can never hurt! 

You. Guys. I bought the most amazing mascara by Urban Decay called "Perversion" that's ideal for daily wear now that I've ran out of my previous go-to, the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara. (Click here to read my old post on other great mascaras!)

*via

This mascara is amazing!!!! Very few clumps means an extremely natural look while making your lashes incredibly lush. So so perfect for that innocent and "deer-in-headlights" look! 

And as for the undergarments purchased from Victoria's Secret… well - wouldn't you like to know!? ;) Hahaha!

Do you know any good ways to ~QUICKLY~ heal a sore throat!? Soo desperate over here!
xoxo, Brooke

4 comments:

  1. Lot's of hot water with lemon and honey. Also, this is a little strange but marshmallows can help a sore throat!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you!! I will be sure to try the hot water with lemon and honey, as I'm not a big "lemon" girl but hey - if it helps, it helps, ya know!? I would definitely try the marshmallows too but sadly I can't because I'm a vegetarian and the gelatin in marshmallows is an animal product! :p

      Delete
  2. This sounds awful! I don't think I've ever lost my voice before, but it doesn't sound fun! That's so sweet of your mom to take you out and do some shopping though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, it's definitely not fun - you are so right! Oh yes, quality time and shopping always make everything better! :)

      Delete