Pink Paw Print

Friday, February 27, 2015

Doing "You"

Something I never do enough is take time to just relax. Honestly, the way I was brought up, I was already taught that hard work is always a good idea and then my high school career taught me that you need to keep on keeping up or else the competition will surpass you. Sad, right!? Without any time to recharge, the competition will surpass you, anyway because you'll be too burnt out to continue on!

So, this being said, I decided today was the day to take some time for me. I ate some Godiva chocolates. I got a ton of homework done this afternoon. I danced around my room to "Ugly Heart" by G.R.L... I would have sung along too, but between crying over the breakup with he-who-no-longer-deserves-to-be-named and my sinus infection, I've totally lost my voice! I sound like a cross between an adolescent male going through puberty and a seal giving birth… ugh, so much accuracy in that description hahha!! 

Then, earlier tonight, I spent time going to some fun events like a Carnival celebration and a spoken-word/poetry recitation performance with friends whom I wasn't able to see when I had been all caught up in that relationship. I might go to an improv comedy performance later tonight with a friend of mine, as well!

Carnival-inspired mask that I made!!
It's such a great feeling to realize that life won't end just because that relationship did. It turns out that there really can be life after love; Cher was onto something with that song of hers!

What're your favorite ways to "do you"?
xoxo, Brooke

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Girl power! I do the same and indulge in my sweetest desires, chocolate or Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
    -Mikayla
    www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you so much!! Oh, of course!! Ben and Jerry are my two favorite men ;) !

      Delete