Pink Paw Print

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 7 - The 14 Days of Valentine's Day

Hey everyone it's Matt, here. Brooke asked me to write a guest post from a guy's perspective about the idea of love so that's what today's post is!


 "Love"…. It can be the most amazing word in the world, or it could just bring back very sensitive memories. It's the word you want to be able to say all the time, yet it's a word we make sure to not to throw around. It's definitely an interesting word... but what is it really, and what does it mean?

To me, love is not just found - it's not something you can just easily seek out. Love is created. It's the coming together of two people who find out everything about each other, both the good and the bad, and still want to be with each other. love is getting beaten down by life and then having someone there for you. It's having someone, like Brooke :) , by your side and having each other's back in every situation. Even if the outcome is bad for the both of you, you will still have each other. It's like one of my favorite song lyrics by Rise Against, "If love was a labor, I'll slave till the end."

I truly believe that both parties have to work to achieve true love. Both must overcome their selfishness and look to the other person's needs. The truth of the matter is that love is hard, love is difficult, but it most certainly is worth it.

What's your perspective on the idea of love?
-Matt

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I could've put it better. I think you did a great job at describing love.

    ReplyDelete