Pink Paw Print

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 4 - The 14 Days of Valentine's Day

Typical Valentine's Day dates not your thing? Try one of the following three to shake things up a bit!

1) Go to a diner for a midnight snack // Take the cue from Taylor Swift's song, "22" and order pancakes at midnight for an unexpected twist on the tradition of sharing something sweet with someone special!
*via

2) Have a romantic homemade dinner in // Instead of letting complete strangers make your meal, trying cooking one together with your sweetie! Just remember that it doesn't matter how good the food comes out (ahem, Plan B always = Chinese food take-out ;) haha!) because it's the mere fact that you're making and sharing memories together that counts.
*via


3) Scary movie marathon // Okay okay… I will admit, I went through a scary movie phase back in middle school, and I've been traumatized avoided them ever since! But, come on - what better excuse is there for cuddling than the fact that there's a scary zombie on screen eating people's brains, am I right!?
*via
What's your favorite type of Valentine's Day date?
xoxo, Brooke

13 comments:

  1. I think dinners at home on Valentine's Day are great. Order your favorite types of food and serve them on your nice platters ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go out to dinner...but not on V-day..too crowded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of going to a diner for a midnight snack! Oh how I wish we could drop everything and do that but unfortunately with a little guy it doesn't make it possible but we could make breakfast diner style at home! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun ideas! Breakfast in the middle of the night is something we did in our dating days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to sip and stroke event. Which I am looking forward to. It should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of staying home and cooking together. :) So romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Midnight pancakes are always the best. Loving these date ideas ♥ I love going to NYC so that would have to be my ideal Valentine's Day date ♥

    http://thekissofjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband would absolutely love the scary movie idea! Your first suggestion takes me back to our newly married days when we'd drive an hour to go to the nearest wake house in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete