Pink Paw Print

Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 2 - The 14 Days of Valentine's Day

Looking for some love songs to get you in the V-Day mood!? These (14, to stick with the Feb. 14th theme!) are by far my favorites:
*via

1. At Last by Etta James
This is my #1 favorite love song EVER. Considering I'm a hopeless romantic and for as long as I can remember (around the 6th grade, if I'm being honest…. ugh SUCH an early bloomer for this stuff; I blame Disney movies haha!) I'd always be thinking "yup….any day now I will find my special somebody…. anyyyyy day now…". This ballad makes me just want to shout "Amen!!!!!" pretty much the entire time. Ermm, I have shouted that once before actually… But it was all very casual, really. #noshame

2. Thunder Clatter by Wild Club
I'm definitely a fan of the indie-pop sound, so both the subject matter and the lyrics (about finding the love of your life) make me want to prance around in a field somewhere in a gauzy dress with a flower crown on top of my lion's mane (aka hair) and be free! *blissfully spins around in a circle*

3. Unconditionally by Katy Perry
If the lyrics to this song accurately describe your feelings for your partner, you can be sure you've found "the One"! <3

4. Love by Matt White
Perfect for the person who may have never experienced love before, or perhaps even more so for the person who thought they had experienced love before but found someone who has showed them what real love actually is - and how to deal with the new feelings.

5. Ten Feet Tall by Afrojack/Wrabel
This accurately portrays the euphoria and "butterflies" you feel when you find someone who is your biggest supporter and your best friend.

6. Loving You Tonight by Andrew Allen
Because the right person should be your happy place, the one you can return to at the end of a day and when you're together, all of your problems seem to magically fade away... *sigh*!

7. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
"Me, I fall in love with you every single day" ….Oh. My. GOD. Can you say aww-dorable!?!?

8. L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole
For the poetically-challeneged, this acrostic-poem of a song will make you want to dance around your room, snapping your fingers and tapping your feet to the rhythm…oh, hypothetically, of course, yup, mmmhmm! Definitely did not just do this while listening to the song as I wrote this post, nooooope…. Also, as a side note, I love what the "O" stands for ("the only one I see") - that is seems so (unfortunately) rare these days!

9. Lucky by Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat
This song has an amazing message: many people have romantic "relationships" where there is merely just a boyfriend-girlfriend feel, but I would personally argue that your romantic partner should also be one of your absolute best friends! You know, the type you can take silly pictures with, tell each other your biggest hopes and fears, and they make you want to say, to quote F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, "I wish I had done everything on Earth with you!"

10. Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer
This, my friends, is what you would call "baby-making" music… ;) But in a highly-respectful way, rather than a "danggg-gurl-drop-that-thang-low" kind of way!

11. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. I know I know… I already put in a Jason Mraz song, but I couldn't not put this one in! The title is self-explanatory, and the - is that a ukelele!? - music adds to the bubbly, oh-my-gosh-I-just-love-you! feel.

12. This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) by Talking Heads
A guy I was seeing for like two weeks in high school sang this song once at a coffee house performance thing on a Friday night. He told me later on that he dedicated the song to me - even though that was totally just BS, because we were barely even talking at the time - but I really did love the song, so I started listening to it all the time! I still listen to it pretty often while getting ready in the mornings, because the lyrics are da bombbbb.

13. Find You (Acoustic - Live in Los Angeles) by Zedd feat. Miriam Bryant
The non-acoustic version is amazing too, but this (which can be found on Spotify!) is so raw and heartfelt. I've sang along to this so many times that my neighbors probably hate me I probably know all of the words by heart!

14. The Only Exception by Paramore
This one really resonates with me. I've been deeply hurt so many times, some times more painful than others, but nonetheless they add up to the point where it can often be hard for me to believe that (non-toxic) love could actually exist. But when you find the right person, who exceeds all of your wishes, they become the exception to that awful cynicism you've built up in your mind.

Bonus: Lorde has some great songs about love (Team, The Love Club, A World Alone - to name a few) but they tend to mention how she knows their love won't last - hence why I skipped putting those in my main list of 14!

What are your favorite love songs?
xoxo, Brooke

2 comments: