Pink Paw Print

Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 13 - The 14 Days of Valentine's Day

Tomorrow is the big day!! Matt had the great idea that this post should be about the pros and cons of Hallmark cards versus giving a handwritten love letter.

Hallmark card
*via

Pros // No need to think of something witty/punny/sweet - because they do it all for you!
Cons // These can feel somewhat unoriginal, forced, or impersonal if you select a card that isn't necessarily, say, the best fit for your recipient.

Handwritten letter
*via

Pros // You can write something as mushy or as straightforward as you want, exactly as you want to without someone else putting words in your mouth.
Cons // If there's so much you want to say, this could take quite a while to write!

Do you usually give Hallmark cards or handwritten letters?
xoxo, Brooke

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely a handwritten card person. Sometimes I purchase a card with room to add a nice personal letter, and other times I just make the card myself. I had a terrible time finding a card that actually had enough space for a romantic note this year. It was really frustrating. Also, there were cards at Walmart that were over $8! (and they weren't the super fancy, singing ones either). I think I'm going to have to resort to handmade from here on out.

    ReplyDelete