Pink Paw Print

Friday, January 30, 2015

Currently Trending

Here's the low-down on culture for this week:

Reading: The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy


Buy me!
So, I downloaded this book on my Kindle which is a totally foreign experience for a paperback-lover such as myself… but I have to say, the "digital download-iness" doesn't affect my enjoyment of this book at all, whereas that's definitely happened to me in the past! This book is so far highly relatable considering it's about a 20-something year old girl in the 1950's traveling in Paris. The narrator is super sassy, and although often times compared to Holden Caulfield (aka my husband) from The Catcher in the Rye, at this point I would say that's a bit of an exaggeration, although I see where someone could make the connection. Check out the plot here!

Watching: In Your Eyes

*via
This is technically on my "to-watch" list, but I'm planning on watching it in 10 minute increments throughout the weekend/next week! It's a paranormal romance about two complete strangers that happen to know what each other is thinking. What!? Don't give me that sassy eyebrow raise! Trust me, it's supposedly not as lame as it might sound.

Wearing: Sorel snow boots


*via

Like oh-em-gee, that #snowpocalypse just #cantstopwontstop!!! If you want to look totesmygoats fab *cue sassy hand flip* even when it's super snowy/icy out and you need to keep safe, these are your go-to boots, friends.

Listening to: Truffle Butter by Nicki Minaj/Drake/Lil Wayne

*via
The beat is fantastic!! I literally cannot get this song out of my head. Perfect for: doing squats in your room when it's too cold to book it over to the gym, putting on your make-up before going out, writing blog posts (aka this one)… Whatever you do, just don't listen to the actual lyrics. AND DEFINITELY DO NOT LOOK UP "TRUFFLE BUTTER" ON URBAN DICTIONARY BECAUSE YOU WILL GAG. AND THEN SLOWLY DIE. <---- hey, I warned you!

Inspired by: Robert Tew


*via
I'm not about to pretend that I even know who this guy is, but I use a Day Designer planner by Whitney English and yesterday's quote in the planner by Robert Tew ("Sometimes what you fear the most is the very thing that will set you free") truly resonated with me. I'm used to being an A average student, so when I got back a highly unsatisfactory grade today, my heart - and level of confidence - was utterly crushed. However, I realized that my fear wasn't simply about getting one bad grade - it was that one bad grade would be the first of many, that it would signify that I had lost my ability to ever get an A ever again! As my field hockey coach during my senior year of high school would always say something along these lines, "Never let one bad play determine your entire game."So by my original fear actualizing itself, I am now able to realize the bigger fear hiding behind the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, and now I can go prove myself wrong by hard work to improve my approach for the next assignment.

What's currently trending in your life? Any suggestions for a read, watch, wear, listen, or inspirational figure?
xoxo, Brooke

2 comments:

  1. 'In Your Eyes' sounds really interesting! I also love that Robert Tew quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? I can't wait to watch it!! Hahaha, oh my gosh yes….Robert Tew is my new go-to guy for inspirational quotes! ;)

      Delete