Pink Paw Print

Friday, January 23, 2015

Currently Trending

Here's the low-down on culture for this week:

Reading: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Image Credit

I'm currently taking a night class senior seminar (even though I'm a junior, I want to get this requirement done sooner rather than later!) where we'll be reading all of Jane Austen's work, as well as a book about her. The first book we're reading is Sense and Sensibility… which is definitely good, don't get me wrong! But it's got nothin' on Pride & Prejudice <333 because #TeamMrDarcy

Watching: Pretty Little Liars
Image Credit

I'm not even going to wonder who A is anymore, because there are just too many ways they could spin it. But in the latest episode, how the heck did A manage to write Aria's college letter into that receipt from Emily!?!?

Wearing: Hot Pink Fuzzy Ear Muffs In The Shape of Two Hearts
pink earmuffs hearts
Image Credit

If you ever see a girl shivering her way across campus wearing hot pink heart-shaped ear muffs that are fuzzy (and a "little green riding hood" coat) - well, ya found me!

Listening to: Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony
Image Credit

This is highly embarrassing to admit, but if admitting that I love this song is stupid, then I don't want to be smart! Grab your hairbrushes and get ready to dance, thus unleashing your inner 80's teenager in front of your mirror...

Inspired by: One of My Professors Who Shall Remain Nameless

In my night class, we were discussing Sense & Sensibility and the destructive role of emotions. My professor said something that truly resonated with me - "You must govern your emotions or they will tear you to shreds." I think this is so so accurate, especially for me - a highly sensitive person who feels emotions quite deeply! Something I'm going to start doing is ask myself "does this really matter as much as I think it does?" whenever something feels like a "crisis". By examining the bigger picture, the smaller picture might not seem as overwhelmingly, grandly important!

What's currently trending in your life? Any suggestions for a read, watch, wear, listen, or inspirational figure?
xoxo, Brooke

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to let us know what is going on in your life. I love the layout of this post. I have to say that after reading Persuasion, I was less inclined to want to read the rest of Austen's work. I love Pride and Prejudice, but Persuasion was so similar that it cheapened my love for Pride and Prejudice. It will be interesting to hear what you think after reading all of her work. Hopefully I'm off base and can read the others without ruining my love for Pride and Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!! <3 I have not yet read Persuasion, but I definitely can imagine what you mean when you say that it's quite similar to Pride and Prejudice. Although the themes are pretty similar throughout her work, Sense & Sensibility and Northanger Abbey are still unique, thankfully! :)

      Delete