Pink Paw Print

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Being Rejected

There are probably very few things more painful than being rejected. The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head as being more painful is getting hit with a ball in a Squash match, straight shot right to the ol' baby-maker (I, unfortunately, recall this memory from experience…. -______- ).

Image Credit

Whether you apply for a job that doesn't work out, or the guy you're hopelessly infatuated with think is pretty cool has his sights set on somebody else, or somebody you thought was a good friend purposefully doesn't invite you to a social gathering - just remember, these things happen to everyone.

If you're like me and you believe that everything happens for a reason, you'd agree with Marilyn Monroe's quote "Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." If an opportunity passes you by, don't just sit there being sad for days (although definitely be kind enough to yourself  yourself to take at least a day to let it all out!)  - let it fuel your fire.

Image Credit

Do better next time. Avoid that type of person next time. Build yourself up whenever you feel down - it's the best thing you can do to make you feel better. Learn new skills that will make you a more marketable candidate, spend an extra 5 (…...or 15) minutes in the shower using a new, delicious-smelling body wash to make you feel uber-pretty, ask a new friend in one of your classes if she wants to grab lunch sometime.

Rejection can either be seen as a closed door or as an opportunity - it's up to you to decide which.

Have you felt "rejected" in some way lately? What worked best to lift your spirits?
xoxo, Brooke

4 comments:

  1. I usually don't like to give myself too much time to mull over things, so I have a tendency to bury myself in work (which works out well because hello medical school, haha). Whether or not that's actually healthy, I'm not entirely sure, but it takes my mind off it and at least I'm productive too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I definitely have been that way, too!! It really would work, but sometimes, depending on how much the source of rejection hurt, nothing could block the negative noise out of my mind so I'd just have to face it head-on *sigh* ! PS - kudos to you with med school! :) how impressive!

      Delete
  2. Whenever I feel rejected I always do something for myself! Pampering ourselves is one of the best ways to remember that you weren't rejected because you suck, but because the other person does (in laymens terms)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's just such a great way to remind ourselves that we still deserve the good things in life after we haven't been given them! Hahahaha "laymen's terms"... you crack me up!! :p

      Delete