Pink Paw Print

Thursday, January 15, 2015

7 Thoughts You'll Have During Meditation

I think it's fair to say that some people with Type-A personalities are pacifists. Unfortunately, all Type-A's are portrayed as ruthless, scary, and self-absorbed. Even though I'm never afraid to stick up for myself, I don't enjoy conflict at all and competition against others instead of competition against my personal best isn't necessarily the healthiest of choices.

That being said, I have a whole heck of a lot of goals, dreams and ambitions; using my morals and values as my compass, I'm not the type to back down until I achieve whatever it is that I'm setting my mind to. Being constantly on-the-go in pursuit of accomplishing something can make a lady pretty stressed out, which is why I really recommend the practice of meditation for those of you who are like myself in this way!

Meditation is great once you really get into it, but before you find yourself "in the zone", you'll most likely have some "let's be honest here" thoughts:

1. I can't believe I'm actually trying this... Who told me to try this!? Ugh, my friend so owes me some froyo for putting me through this ridiculousness.
Image credit



2. Note to self: should have gone for the yoga class. 
Image credit



3. The guy whispering on this tape who is telling me to relax my "gluteus muscles" is preventing me from doing so. Oh, the creepiness! *tightens butt muscles back up again*
Image credit



4. If I have a really bad itch on some obscure, no-man's land-esque location on my upper back, am I allowed to scratch it or will that disrupt my "zen flow"?
Image credit



5. Hmmm, I wonder if animals can meditate, too… Would my dog like this? Are dogs like people in this way? Oh my gosh, I am such a philosopher. This must be working, after all!
Image credit



6. Not sure if that's "peace I'm feeling within" or just a gas bubble. Darn you Chipotle for being so delicious!!
Image credit



7. What work demands? Which deadlines? Ex-boyfriend who? ~~Lalala don't mind me, I'm just casually forgetting all my troubles lalala~~
Image credit



8. Soooo, is it cool if I just go to sleep right now, or...
Image credit



9. Hey, this meditation stuff isn't that bad! Looks like I'll be the one buying the froyo for my friend who got me into this, after all.
Image credit



10. Ahhh! Bliss! Sunshine! Life is sunshine! I am sunshine! Sunshine! Ahhh! Bliss!
Image credit

Have you tried meditation before?
xoxo, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment