Pink Paw Print

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

What better way to procrastinate writing three philosophy essays, finishing up editing my final draft of my "Humans & Animals in 19th Century Literature" essay, rewriting old pieces of creative writing that will now include corrections by my professor for my "Writing the Short Story" final portfolio, and preparing/writing up five targeted resumes (and five cover letters to go along with them!) for my appointment with my CELS (Career-Enhancing Life Skills) counselor - at my college, we are all assigned one! - to help me secure a summer internship that comes along with a $3,000 stipend… Whew, what a whirlwind of things I need to complete!

In times like these, it really helps to remind myself that after all of this work, I have some light at the end of the tunnel: 

1. I'm seeing The Bae (trust me, this was the least obnoxious of all his awwdorable pet names, ahahahah) at least twice this break <333 for a few days at my house, and then later on the next week, at his place and we are going into NYC to see the Christmas tree!! This has literally been a dream of mine for-ever and I am so glad to be sharing this special memory with him!


2. I'm going to two really fancy teas this break with my Mama Bear. One is at a local museum, the other is at an quaint,upscale bed & breakfast/inn. They both serve the most adorable, little CHOCOLATE desserts… they also have non-chocolate desserts and finger sandwiches (I'm talkin' cream cheese w/ dill & cucumbers here… oh em geeee, TOO good!! *flails arms with delight*) but let us be honest here and just acknowledge the fact that chocolate will always reign supreme in my heart.

Image via Google, but from the actual tea event!


3. My birthday is on January 7th, save the date ;) ! Hahaha, and I'm going to be at the Smart Girls Group reunion! Literally beyond excited. Be sure to let me know if you'll be in the Boston-area then, too! Boston is my absolute favorite city. It's relatively safe and there is so much culture. Love love love it!
I'm in this picture!! This was from the Smart Girls Summit Summer 2014 in NYC. Can you find me!?

4. To be honest, for the past few years I was really and truly extroverted. Now though, I'm feeling pretty burnt out by it all and I'm loving taking a step back and being more of an introvert. Although I'm not the "shy" type and probably never will be (except for back when I was in middle school and high school which don't actually count because anyone would be shy during traumatic times ahahah! But actually though….*sighhhh*), I mean "introvert" in the sense that I like spending a good deal of time alone by myself, whether walking around in nature or snuggled in bed staring at the ceiling daydreaming happily about my future. I haven't written much poetry lately - ahem, the lifestyle of a extremely-involved college student- and I haven't engage in art in the LONGEST time. I absolutely love creating art, drawing abstract designs with loads of color, basically, or writing a poem or quote and then illustrating around it (so my art becomes a frame, of sorts). This break I'm going to be doing a lot of creative, artistic projects so definitely keep your eyes peeled for future posts!
Drew this back in the days of Summer 2011 at the Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts Pre-College Summer  Program!


What serves as your "light at the end of the tunnel"?
xx, B


No comments:

Post a Comment